How To Establish Your Authority As A Blogger?
Updated: May 15, 2021
There are many different types of bloggers out there on the internet space, some want to express themselves, some are doing it for fun and some for sharing their knowledge with others. There are also many other bloggers who are blogging to gain the status of authority bloggers in their domain and gain success from it. But most of them have no idea how to transition themselves from newbie to expert, they want to be expert and have an authority in their domain but don't know how to make their voices get heard.
We all know, the internet is a very crowded place, there are thousands of options to choose from, so if you want to be chosen, you need to have some kind of expertise or authority. Without authority, you are nothing more than just an another option that no one really cares about. With authority comes credibility which is a very important thing for attracting the attention of the audience and stand out from the crowd.
So the question is how can you achieve that? How can you establish your authority as a blogger in your defined niche?. Always remember, there is no exact formula to reach success, you will have to try various tried and test techniques and sometimes create your our methods that will help you in achieving your goal of becoming a pro blogger.
Let's jump straight into the things that you need to think or care about in order to establish your authority as a blogger. Here we are going to discuss five very important things to focus on that will help you in getting closer to your goal of achieving authority in your particular domain and achieve success.
Content Is King
Quality content is a term that is thrown quite often when it comes to blogging and it is very true that you shouldn't overlook quality. Quality content is a very important foundation when it comes to building a blog. All of your promotional and marketing strategies work much better if you have quality content to support them.
Well, the definition of quality content is very subjective and it's difficult to know exactly what makes your content a quality content. A simple way to go about this is to research and understand the content of your competitor, take inspiration whenever necessary and add your own personal ingredients and you have got a recipe of good content.
1) Quality Over Quantity: You don't have to push yourself to publish a new post daily. Always prioritize quality over quantity and make sure that you dedicate enough time to your every post and work thoroughly on it.
2) Write detailed and informative content: You should try to write detailed and informative posts on your blog once in a while. These kinds of posts help in earning links, audience, and better engagement.
3) Share your personal experiences: The internet is full of the same kind of information floating around, so what makes you different is your own experience. Therefore always try to include your personal experience whenever possible.
Focus On Your Specific Niche/Domain
Another very important part of developing authority as a blogger is to have a blog that tightly focuses on a specific niche or domain. You might get the urge to write about various other topics but try to resist this urge and focus on your domain of expertise. You can look into the blogs of bloggers who are considered to have authority over their domain, you will find one thing common that is all of them are focused on specific topics or audiences. Without a clear focus, it will be a little difficult to be a leader in your niche. This doesn't mean that you can't experiment, you can definitely experiment but having a focused content sets a very clear expectation for your audience.
1) Understand and define your audience: You need to think about the people who are you creating content for. You need to understand their behavior, problems, and find ways to help them in solving those problems. If you are able to create content for them, they will definitely come to your blog.
2) Strategize your content ideas: Once you have a clear understanding of your audience and their needs, you will have to create a strategy around your content. If you are new to this, you can start with tools like SEMrush or spend some time on platforms like Quora to get more insights.
Build A Loyal Audience
One of the important parts of establishing your reputation and authority comes down to how people see you. You may have great knowledge, vast experience or great content to show, but it will not matter if people's perception towards you is not in the right lights. Perception is driven by what other people are saying. Therefore as a blogger, you need to have a loyal audience base that tells others about you. They could be sharing your posts on social media, linking to you from their own content, or using good old word of mouth.
This loyal audience base is very important because it can influence the perception of others who might fall into your target audience. You will see real growth as authority bloggers only when other people are sharing your content or mentioning you. Therefore it is very important to build a loyal audience who visits your blog regularly and shares your content.
1) Email list: Email list is easily one of the best ways to reach your audience and regularly communicate with them. It also helps in engaging with your audience and keep them posted about regular updates, which will keep them interested in your blog.
2) Reply to comments and messages: It's always great to reply to your followers on social media or reply audience's comment on your blog post. It shows that you appreciate them and takes them seriously. It is actually a very good exercise to spread words about your blog.
3) Share other blogger's content: If you want other bloggers to share your content or link, you will have to do the same thing for them. At the end of the day, the blogging community is also like any other community, people are usually ok with helping each other out and it's always good to grow together.
It is very important to understand that success doesn't come overnight. The same thing stands true here also, you need to set the right expectation for yourself. You are not going to achieve authority as a blogger in matters of days or weeks. It will take some continuous effort over time. Therefore have patience and keep on working toward your goal. Keep writing good quality content, interacting with your audience, pushing your content, and collaborating with your peers, you will reach your goal eventually.
1) Have Action-Based Goals: It is always better to set your goal around the actions you take rather than milestones like revenue, traffic, or subscribers. Always remember, it's actions that lead to goals, so keep your focus on action-based goals. For example, you can have goals like publishing 10 posts on the blog in every 15 days or publish 3 guest posts on other blogs in a month.
2) Celebrate every milestone you achieve: Sometimes people get so obsessed with the main goal that they forget celebrating their small victories. It is very important to celebrate those small victories because it gives an indication that you are making some progress and keeps your morale high. Therefore every victory or milestone is worth celebrating.
Consistency plays quite an important role in the success of a blog. By consistently pushing good content, you can build your reputation as a blogger and with each post, you will reach new readers. Consistently pushing content doesn't mean that you have to publish new content constantly, but you will have to publish content in timely manner so that the audience remembers you. With more content publishing, comes the chances of increasing traffic and reaching a new audience.
Well, there is no particular publishing frequency standard to be followed, it can vary from blog to blog and post to post. There are many authority bloggers who publish 1-2 posts every 15 days. It is always a good idea to publish more frequently when you are getting started and slow down once you have established some authority. But remember publishing frequently should not hamper the quality of your content.
1) Create an editorial calendar and try to follow it religiously: You will have to decide when you want to write content and when you will publish your new posts. It is always better to start working on blog post ideas and write them ahead of time, it will help in having a clear schedule for other activities. For detailed information, check out Neil Patel's article on how to create an editorial calendar.
2) Have a scheduled plan: Blogging is much more than just writing and publishing posts, therefore you will need to have a plan for scheduling certain tasks. One simple approach is to write your posts in grouping and then evaluate them for posting in another grouping.
If you want to establish your authority as a blogger in your domain, make sure you follow these tips, we are sure that they will help you in becoming a pro blogger over time. Blogging is not that easy, you will have to invest a lot of effort into building your way to success but these tips will definitely help you in making your voice heard in the noise of the internet.
We hope that you find this post helpful and interesting. Thank you so much for reading this post, please feel free to leave your feedback.